Thursday, July 8, 2010

Short break

DSC_0149

Hi all--I know it's been quiet here lately, but it is too hot to cook or bake (ugh, we broke 100 degrees two days running)! And Py is visiting, so I'm going to take a little break from blogging. I'll be back shortly, hopefully with lots of good eats, even if they aren't of the cooked variety.

DSC_0134

In the meantime, here is my fried catfish from a recent dinner at RUB with sides of baked beans and potato salad.

bbq bacon

I know you're thinking, why on earth would you go to a bbq restaurant and then not eat bbq? Because it's too hot!!!!!! But I did snag some of this bbq bacon :)

Hope you are all staying cool wherever you are!

9 comments:

Kaimono888 said...

Nice pic of the flowers :)

Have a break, have a kit-kat~ LOL
Enjoy and have a great weekend ^.~

square kitchen said...

enjoy your break at summerly ny. the bbq looks great even if it's not a light summer dish. ..

tofugirl said...

Thanks Kaimono! (Mmm, kit-kats...) I think I will be back soon :) I have some new projects in the works! Yay!

Zwischengang, it's one of my favorite bbq places in NYC :)

Anonymous said...

mm bbq bacon sounds even better than normal bacon. =)

Bentobird said...

short but sweet post! love the serene, pretty flower and rich-flavored Southern style eats. Have a great week, Carol!

tofugirl said...

Eula, it was a little bit salty, but otherwise, delicious! How can you go wrong with Berkshire bacon, I ask?

Thanks Bentobird! It's turning out to be quite busy, but thankfully it's almost the weekend again :)

jason said...

Enjoy your "leave"!

Unknown said...

I really hope you're not 'over-steamed' by the heat in NY. It's been the crazy weather lately in Japan, too... Have a good break. I'm looking forward to your next post! :)

tofugirl said...

Thanks Jason & Izumi :D I will be back soon, I'm starting to build up some photos again...hehe.