Friday, September 16, 2011

Be right back...

Apple Cake

I'm taking a little vacation. If I feel motivated, I may put up a post or two but in the meantime, I leave you with this delicious apple cake, which is part of my endeavor to use up as much of my produce as possible. (The other 20 apples were turned into applesauce--pears became pear sauce. You get the picture.)

With any luck I won't come home to any sentient life forms in my refrigerator...Have a great weekend, everyone! If you're in NYC this weekend, you might consider checking out the Dumpling Festival at Sara D. Roosevelt park on Saturday. I am very sad that I will miss the dumpling eating contest (I'm so gonna enter next year).

3 comments:

Fiona said...

do you have the recipe for this? it looks absolutely delicious. i've been looking for an awesome looking apple cake for a while, and this fits the bill perfectly!

i can imagine it smells just like christmas, nice and homely :)

tofugirl said...

Hi Fiona--I used this Martha Stewart recipe and can highly recommend it! It smells amazing while it's baking :)

Jun said...

I love the rustic feel of your apple cake. I tried some of Martha Stewart's recipes but they never worked so well for me. I am definitely going to try this one.

Have a great holiday!