Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Twas the night before Thanksgiving...

Caramel People

And here I am, totally not doing any prep for Thanksgiving. I did actually bake a pie (it is cooling on my windowsill as we speak! Er, type. You know what I mean) but everything else is going to wait until tomorrow when I head home for the big feast. We are frying a turkey! (Yes, outdoors, and yes, we are very careful!) I can't wait.

In the meantime, I made up a batch of caramel in the microwave (!) last night, which turned out to be absolutely dead easy so I'm never making caramel on the stove top ever again. Most of it is earmarked for cookie projects, but I poured some of the leftover caramel into a silicone mold my friend Kaimono from Gastronomy Hut had sent me--look how adorable these came out! (Pardon the terrible photo.) The cranky one on the bottom left bears a startling resemblance to how I look when I'm in a bad mood. :)

Well, happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating tomorrow! And stay tuned, because there is a whole lot of cookie-ness going on soon!

No comments: