Friday, May 25, 2012

Like a flash...


Cake

That's how fast this post is going to be.  Where have I been?  Well, work mostly.  That, and recovering from bronchitis.  THAT'S RIGHT!  Who gets freaking bronchitis in May?  Well apparently a lot of people--the waiting room at the doctor's office was full of people with similarly impressive coughs.  We could have formed a musical super-group.  In fact, I think we inadvertently did a couple of verses from the Carmina Burana (and just think, all this is before I got the codeine cough syrup).

But anyhow, I am chilling at home right now, having just performed my fastest packing job ever.  I'm off in a bit to beautiful sunny Vancouver (true story!  They have better weather for a change, than we do here in NYC right now.)  We will be celebrating Py's birthday, and belatedly celebrating mine.  Yes, it's true...I am another year older.  Not really another year more mature though...

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Not a whole lot of difference between the before and after, except maybe the size of my head and the cake.

Sort of ombre

Well, on that note, allow me to leave you with a parting shot of the inside of my tiny cake.  Oh yeah, that's a whole lotta pink.  Yay for pink!  I can't wait to get to Vancouver, spot prawn season is (I think) still going...mmm....prawny goodness for me sooooon....

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!  Don't forget to go to the 5 Boro Picnyc (Saturday is sold out but Sunday still has tickets available) and report back on how it was! (Oh, one more thing! My new favorite blog! Go check out Boots in the Oven--I have been reading back through the archives, and it is SO MUCH FUN TO READ. And is giving me all kinds of travel ideas...)

3 comments:

Em said...

Happy belated birthday! That pink cake is awesome, gotta love pink!

Rachel @ boots in the oven said...

Thanks for the shout-out - and what a beautiful cake! I'm so excited to be getting our kitchen back...

Feel better! Bronchitis is no fun AT ALL.

tofugirl said...

Thanks Em! :) I have to agree, pink cake is pretty rad!

Hi Rachel--I bet it must feel great to be home again (not that travelling isn't great too, but there's something nice about going home). And thanks! There seems to be something going around. At least I got some fun cough syrup out of it, hah!